Screentek has been a client of ours for several years and following the acquisition of another client of ours, Recovo, they decided it was time for a new site for each company that would link up the brands.
The brief was to develop 2 websites that would allow easy transition between each other using the same design elements while keeping the 2 brands independent. They also wanted a more modern design orientated theme to reflect the design philosophies implemented in the design of their screens and furniture. It was also important for the websites to be deeply integrated with social media and be fully updatable by the client.
The client has been extremely happy with the result and we hope our business relationship will continue for many more years.
Below are some before and after pictures but due to the scrollable design we highly recommend you check out the current live sites for both Screentek and Recovo
URL – http://www.screentek.co.uk/
URL – http://www.recovo.co.uk/site/
Recovo After (landing page is the same as Screentek)
Application development and testing in the cloud is gaining popularity, as more businesses realise the benefits of having their software in the cloud brings.
Unfortunately finding a reliable developer that is cost efficient is quite difficult, many web design companies just specialise in the design side of the business, doing very little development and instead relying on prebuilt software such as WordPress.
At Dolphin Promotions we have extensive experience in programming in both ASP and PHP, which are 2 common languages used for cloud applications. We have also completed many cloud applications giving use much needed experience in working with legacy systems and working with 3rd party software and APIs.
Moving your software into the cloud will often pay for itself within a relatively short period of time and can have numerous benefits including:
- Reliable backups – many companies that contact us have their current software on one server, which often tends to be old and on its last legs. Backups are generally irregular and if the server goes down it can be days if not weeks before it is up again. Developing your software in the cloud and hosting with ourselves means we take full backups daily and partial backups every 6 hours, the backups are hosted in multiple remote locations. Our host has a 99% SLA agreement with all our servers being maintained by a multimillion pound hosting company. In the event of complete server failure we can have all websites live again in a few hours.
- Flexibility – With the growth of mobile computing more and more of our clients are accessing work files from home, or on the road using phones, laptops, and tablets. Traditional systems are generally not able to communicate with the outer world whereas our systems allow you to access it anywhere anytime as long as you have a data connection.
- Upgradeability – we write our systems bespoke based on your requirements, because we use a common programming languages such as PHP we can extend systems as much as you would like.
- Future proofing – Similar to upgradeability, your cloud application is future proofed to a certain extent. The languages we use and the databases are long established and due to their prevalence online it is very unlikely they will be discontinued in the future so you should not have to worry about redeveloping the software every very years.
- 3rd party and client access – Most of our clients need to transfer data between one application to another, or provide reports for clients manually. We can develop our systems with the ability to allow clients to log in to see the progress of their job/case etc, and we frequently integrate our software with 3rd party systems such as sage or existing in house systems which allows you to automate many of your processes.
If you are interested in having a cloud application developed by us then please contact us on 01253 804 510 or using our contact form.