Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is a process by which internal and external aspects of a web site are adjusted to gain high search engine returns on key word and key phrase searches. Search returns are sometimes referred to as organic or natural.
We believe Search Engine Optimisation is something that every business should be having done to their website, whether it is done by yourself, an in house team or outsourced to a company such as ourselves.
Currently UK consumers spend an average £1,083 per year each on online shopping with the average weekly spend online in the UK for January 2013 being £546.5 million. The amount spent online accounted for 10.1% of all retail spending excluding automotive fuel.
The majority of web traffic is driven by the major commercial search engines: Google, Yahoo and MSN. Google attracts approximately 60% of worldwide searches.
Achieving a good ranking for your chosen key terms can mean the difference between success and failure for your business. 78% of users abandoning their search if the first 3 pages don’t provide an answer to their question, 28% don’t even consider scrolling past the 2nd page of results. The eye tracking heat map below shows that users generally focus most of their attention on the first 4 organic results.
At Dolphin Promotions we can work with you to help improve your rankings in Google. SEO is not an exact science and we are not snake oil salesmen so we will not offer guaranteed results. What we will do is apply best practices to your website that have been recommended by Google and many of the other SEO experts that research ranking factors. We will help you fix onsite problems and develop quality content that Google will love, and we can help you develop quality incoming links to your website which are used by Google and all other Search Engines as one of the main ranking factors for websites.
We have clients of varying sizes, from small 1 man companies to larger well established companies. If you are in the Blackpool area we are happy to meet up for regular meetings or for clients further afield we are always available via email, phone and video conference.
Starter SEO – £150 p/c/m
This is a basic package aimed at getting new sites some basic listings in Google, this is ideal for smaller local companies that have less competitive key phrases such as location specific terms
- Setup of Google Analytics.
- Implementation of conversion tracking where possible.
- Registering with Google and Bing webmaster tools to identify potential issues and ensure the sites are submitted to both search engines properly.
- Creation of an XML and HTML sitemap to ensure as many pages are indexed as possible
- Onsite SEO – Making sure all your current pages are optimised for search engines as much as possible.
- Basic content creation – we will look at adding some content monthly that is targeted to your chosen keyterms
- Basic Link Building – monthly submissions to directories, press releases, and article syndication.
Advanced SEO – £300 p/c/m
This package is more suited for eCommerce sites, and clients wanting to target competitive national terms. We will do the same as the starter package and:
- Regular content creation – we will look at doing weekly blog posts for you, and help set up offers and competitions which can be used on social media to drive traffic/links/likes etc.
- Advanced link building – We will carry out regular link building work and use more advanced techniques such as guest blog posts, link bait, and competitions.
- We will also manage your AdWords account and look after Google Merchant if you are running an eCommerce website*
*Dependant on the size of your AdWords campaign.